Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life on the Homefront....to my sweet, brave husband & anyone who cares to read

Don't worry....nothing inappropriate here ;)

Granny was in the hospital again for a few days. She was so swollen you couldn't see her ankles and could hardly see her knees. I went over to mom's on Sunday to go to some kind of home decorating party. I got a few cute things for our dream house that can still be displayed now. I had heard that Granny was being stubborn about going to the hospital, but when I saw her I decided that someone had to take charge. I gave her the option of getting dressed and going to the hospital or I was going to call the ambulance and she was going in her nightgown. She went and, of course, they admitted her. She came home today, after losing around 13 lbs of fluid in the last two days. They doubled her meds, so I hope that helps.

Today I got to attend this AMAZING class at Heartland Community College, Bulletproof Mind. The speaker was Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. I got you a copy of On Combat, signed by the Col. He said that you for your service and HOOAHH!!! I'll send it to you, to read in your down time. If you have any. I also got the seminar on audio CD and the book Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill. He really makes you think. So much so, that I'm not waiting to be able to purchase a new gun to carry off duty. I got a shoulder holster and I've got myself all ready to go. I guess what really got me was a story he told of a paratrooper right after 9/11. He went up to the Col. and said, "We're going to Afghanistan. You go back and tell all those cops that you teach, don't let them kill my kids." Well, that's the least and the most important thing I can do. There is too much so called random violence in the world and I don't want to go to war unarmed.

Tonight was Chili Supper/Family Reading night at the Primary Junior High School. Dade and I had a very good time. We ate dinner with his friend Annabelle and her mother. Then, we went to the gym and Clifford and Curious George were there!!!! We got to hear to Clifford books and Curious George Gets a Bicycle. After that, we watched some people act out the Three Little Hawaiian Pigs. It was a cute spin on the classic, with a Magic Shark as the "Bad Guy." Dade and Annabelle both loved the shark. We returned to the cafeteria, where Dade was given a book, Curious George Goes to the Libary, which really fit the occasion. After oreos and milk we headed home to start getting ready for bed and work.

Dade, Randi, and Alaina are going on a playdate to Hunter's tomorrow night. Then, Thursday a professional story teller will be at Dade's school. We also have a Labor Council Meeting on Thursday with the FOP. They are starting to pay attention to us now that we are ready to vote on going with another union, LOL. I also have to get a filling. It'll be a busy day.

I get Drake and Ashtyn Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure what we're going to do, but Drake bought the Transformers PS2 game, so I'm sure there will be plenty of that. Sunday we are going to the matinee of Jesse's play, which was written by his teacher. I'll try to send some video of it. He has the lead.

I guess that's all for now, I've got to get ready for work. Drake's report card came. I'll scan it and send it to you in an email as soon as I can.

I love you,

Micca

1 comment:

Armyguy said...

Sounds like you are the usual busy bee. I miss you and the kids so much. The work here as me very preoccupied but should calm down once the guys we are replacing have left. Tell Granny to take care of her herself!!

Love,

Brent