Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Friday, April 18, 2008

Busy Friday

Today was a big day for the Kindergarten classes at Dee-Mack/Primary Junior High. They had a field trip to the Gamma Phi Circus at Illinois State University & the Children's Discovery Museum. I went as a chaperone. Anyone who knows me knows that me & 80 kindergarten students do not do so well. But, Dade was so happy & proud that I went. He's still at that age where it is cool to bring mom & one that is a police officer is pretty neat. I was surprised at how well I did, actually. I didn't get in an uproar once, which is awesome for me. One of the things I've been working on is not getting uptight when there's chaos with kids around. I've always said that I'm a better mother because I work. I'm not the stay at home mom type & I have all the respect in the world for the women who can do that. Spending the day with the teachers today made me marvel at their patience & creativity. Just the choices of words that they made & the context they put things in amazes me. There I go getting WAY off topic, lol. Anyway, we had a great time. Dade & I both fell asleep on the bus. I did forget how much "fun" riding all the way on the back of the bus was. Yea, right! LOL

Ashtyn went on a field trip yesterday as well. She went to the 4-H farm safety day. She had fun & it sounds as if they had a lot of activities.

Dinner at the VFW was great, as always. The kids all love to get together & it gives me time to catch up with Steve and Jean & Bridget. We always have a nice chat & they do so well at including me in the family that it feels as if I have been for years.

Brent, obviously, knows that I have been down lately. So, he emails me & tells me to pamper myself over my weekend, which is Wed night & Thur night. He suggested a pedicure & massage. Have I mentioned that I have THE MOST awesome husband ever? Well, I have a friend who sells Mary Kay & I was due for a facial, so she came over tonight. Jane & I got facials & makeup tips. I got all gussied up & now I'm on my way into work. I'm really going to impress the drunks tonight, lol.

I exchanged a few emails with Brent today, but I don't have any new info to share. It must have been a busy day for him. I'm hoping to hear more from him tomorrow.

Time for work. Friday night & raining. Should be fun.

No comments: