Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Friday, March 7, 2008

Whirlwind

Wow, things have truely been like a whirlwind. The new Mrs Brent Russell is posting this message :D We were married on Feb 29, 2008 at the Tazewell County Courthouse and had an open house at our place to celebrate.

The kids were so cute and it really seemed as if our family was getting married, not just Brent & me. Drake & Ashtyn were our official witnesses and Dade did a great job as ringbearer. The Judge even gave him "knuckles" after the ceremony for doing such an excellent job.

The night before our wedding we headed to Machesney Park. We got up early and headed to Brent's change of command ceremony. It was very touching and I think the kids really got an understanding of exactly how important their dad really is. Brent was presented with a print of the Gas Attack of 1918 and I received flowers. I wish he would have told me how slippery the floors would be though---I really thought I was going to wipe out in front of everyone in my high heels.

The new commander and his fiancee were very nice and offered their support while Brent was gone, as did many of his soldiers. Brent presented each of his soldiers with a 135 th Chemical Company coin that he had made just for them. They all seemed very touched and werre sorry to see him go.

We had a wonderful weekend with the kids after the wedding, just hanging and being a family. Brent had to go out of town Monday and as I am typing this Friday afternoon I am anxiously awaiting his arrival home. I'm just happy to call myself his wife :D

No comments: