Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Monday, March 24, 2008

He's off

Well, Brent's off serving our country. The last couple weeks have flown by. We have been running around doing a ton of small errands that, in total, seemed to take up an awful lot of our time together.

The last three days he was home I had a stomach bug and he got to watch his new wife sleep and run to the bathroom. That's about all I could manage. Talk about feeling guilty. But, he was so understanding and more worried about me than anything. Another reason to love him.

On the homefront, Drake was recently made Captain of the Scholastic Bowl team. We had Easter morning with the kids on Good Friday. It was a nice family day together. We just spent it hanging out (me sleeping) and enjoying each other.

We saw Brent off at the airport. His flight was at 0600, so the kids were extremely tired, but over all, handled it pretty well. I was the basket case. But, we made it through.

Brent made it to Fort Benning in Georgia by noon on Saturday, the 22nd. He'll be there this week and then fly to Germany. He'll move into Iraq via Kuwait sometime after that. I can't wait to just hear he made it to the base safely. I'm sure that a whole bunch of us will be breathing easier then.

No comments: