Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Waiting Game

Well, as I write this, Brent should be close to arriving in Germany or may already be there. I got a message from him at around 6:40 pm saying that he had to shut his phone off for take off and that this would be his last message to me. (What a horrible thought!!!) Intellectually, I know what he meant, but I am so very scared, too!

He said that I shouldn't worry, even if I don't hear from him until Tuesday or Wednesday. Yea, right! I can't imagine doing much but worry. I know that if he is given half a chance he will come home to us safe & sound. I really understand what he goes through when I'm out on a dangerous call now. I guess it never really hit me until now.

Of course, with all that said, I couldn't be more proud of my wonderful husband! Since we have met we have gotten into a wonderful habit of embracing all the people and past experiences we have had. Although we wish we had met and fell in love years ago, we both realize that it is our pasts that have allowed us to become who we are today. I hope everyone who is reading this has some idea of the appreciation that I have for you, for helping to make Brent the sweet, caring, brave man that I am blessed to share a life with! He is truely my best friend---& that is the hardest part of being away from him.

Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

plainjane said...

As I read through your blog this morning, my eyes welled with tears, tears of pride and understanding. Spending the last 24 hours with you has reminded me how incredibly strong and unique you are. I know that you truely do support Brent with every part of you and that is something to be admired. The relationship and family you two have created is one that everyone seeks to find in their lifetime.

I know that you and Brent have a one-of-a kind relationship...and he proved that when he was happy hearing you talk about planning the decor of your new dream house! What other husband would do that?!?

Be strong...I am so proud of you both!