Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Saturday, March 29, 2008

And we wait some more...

I got an email from the Family Readiness Group Coordinator this evening. She said that she had heard from the command and that our soldiers had gotten into Kuwait safely. They were going to brief for about 3 hours, then head on to their final destination. I excitedly sent off emails telling everyone. Then, called my mom, who is still behind times and does not have email. While I was talking to mom I got a call from a strange number and almost didn't answer, but I gave it a shot.

It was Brent!!!!! I felt a rush of relief. It was 6:15 pm our time, 2:15 am Kuwait time. He said that they had been in the air for a total of 17 hours between Georgia and Kuwait, with a 3 hour layover to fuel up in Germany. They were leaving at 5:15 am go on to their destination. Silly me, all excited and chatty, started discussing our cell phones and whether we should keep his on when I lost the call. Of all things to talk about!! I can be such an airhead sometimes. Anyway, I didn't get a call back, and didn't expect one. I know there is a lot of people wanting to talk to their families.

So, I am hoping that we hear from the FRG once they hit the Camp as fast as we did this time. I know we are all ready to just get into a routine, so we can get this time done.

2 comments:

Jan & Harv said...

Hi Micca
We are glad to hear Brent made it safe. We know what you are going through we had two sons in iraq at the same time. It is hard but your family and friends will get you through this. If Brent needs anything please let us know we are with the Bushnell soldier support group and we are here for you and your family. Be Strong

steve said...

Micca,it was great to get your e-mail and phone call yesterday telling us about Brent's safe trip into Kuwait.
Please stay in contact and if there is anything that Jean and I can help with all you have to do is call.
We are proud to call you our daughter-in-law.
Love Grandpa Steve