Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Okay, Okay...

Yet again, it has been over a week since I posted. I got some beautiful flowers on the Friday before Mother's Day from my awesome kids. (I'm almost positive they didn't know they were coming, but I said thank you anyway.) LOL Dade was so proud, you'd have thought he made the arrangement himself. I tell you what, there is nothing quite like the joy in a 5 year old's eyes as they hand you their home made card. & of course, the ever-proud mother posts it on her blog for the world to see.

Drake got an award for his participation in Scholastic Bowl tonight. I was unable to attend, since it was at 7:00, but I'm hoping to get pictures from his mom. I'm very proud of him. He took over as the Captain part way through the season and did very well.

Unfortunately it has been awhile since Dade & I have seen any of the Russels. We are heading over for dinner at the VFW Thursday, so it will be great to catch up. I was very surprised and pleased to get a phone call from Grandma Russell. She was thanking us for her Mother's Day flowers. It's hard to keep her on the phone for any length of time, but we had a nice little chat. I can't wait until we can take all the kids up to visit again sometime. Maybe new summer. Actually, almost certainly next summer.

We just completed our shift bid at the Sheriff's Office. We do this once every six months. And the old guys like to make us "new guys" (remember my 8 year anniversary not too long ago) sweat. So, I just found out my days off two days ago. It takes effect on the 24 th of the month. Talk about short notice. Luckily, only my days off changed. One of the guys from 3rds got bumped to 2nds with only 10 days notice. I will now have Tues/Wed off. Which means I don't go to work Mon night or Tues night. It's very confusing and I will just get used to it and it will be time to change it again. Basically, when I go in at 10pm, it counts as the next day for us. Right now it actually makes a little more sense to me because Brent and I are actually working at the same times. 10pm is 6am for him, the following day also.

The past weekend was spent at a graduation reception for a second cousin and Mother's Day at Granny's house. She is well mentally, but is very swollen. Most of the time to the point where she can't put shoes on at all. They can not give her anything for the swelling, which is just fluid that has built up, because it will cause her kidneys to shut down. Dialysis will probably come along in the near future. My uncle and cousins have been in from Ohio doing some remodeling on the house. The bathroom was tiny-didn't even have a bath tub-and Granny can not shower herself. So, they moved the Gs (Granny & PaPa) bedroom to the front room and built them a closet there. They expanded the bathroom into their old room and added a tub that is easier to manuver Granny in. What's left of their old bedroom is just big enough to put a hospital bed in, for when that time comes. Our Mother's Day present of having the carpets cleaned is going to wait until after the construction is done.

So, to give you a slight idea of how packed the schedule is this month, I counted up the events. 8 graduations w/parties, 3 birthdays, 2 award ceremonys, a Spring program, Field Day, Kindergarten class picnic, Mother's day...and I really don't want to think about June yet. Of course, Dade won't let my forget...it's his SIXTH BIRTHDAY! I'm exhausted thinking about it, LOL. But, I have a large family. My Pa has 6 brothers, Granny had 7 siblings, I think. A couple were lost in childhood. So, you can imagine the extended tree.

Well, that's all for now. Hope this keeps DH off my back for a few days! Geez! Just Kidding, Baby!

No comments: