Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Thursday, May 15, 2008

First T-Ball practice

Today was like any other, except it was Dade's first T-ball practice-ever! He didn't get to play last year because we had just recently moved to Deer Creek and registration was over.

Dade has always been the type of child that likes to use his imagination. I will post a couple pictures of him that I took this afternoon as an example-scroll down to the bottom to see. When all else fails punishment-wise, I have to ground him from using his imagination and playing pretend. It sounds harsh, but it's the only thing that really affects him. He has never really been into anything athletic. He's just never shown an interest. This is no surprise, as my extent of sports after the 1st few years of softball, was Color Guard in the marching band. His dad is more of a weight lifter/boxing type of guy. And neither of us are very coordinated, so Dade comes by it honestly.

Dade decided this year that he wanted to play t-ball. I was so excited that he was showing an interest! On the way to practice I realized how much trouble I was in.

"Mommy, after I catch the ball, what do I do with it."
"You throw it to the base that the runner is running to, to try to get them out."
"Out of where?"

O, boy! We have a lot of learning to do. LOL Practice went well. Dade was shy and clingy at first. He did not want to pair up and play catch, so I played with him. The problem is, when he was in preschool we thought he was left handed and I hadn't gotten him a new right hand glove. I had forgotten all about it. So, it was a little awkward for him. I will go tomorrow and get us both some gloves. Dade thinks we need to add practicing catch to our daily routine. I told you he was BO. LOL He loosened up a little and played catch with Coach Roger for a while. He told me later that this was his favorite part of practice.

I really wish I could figure out how to post a video on the blog. At one time, Dade was turning in circles, a boy at second base is writing in the dirt, an outfielder is holding his "pee-pee" and a boy walks up to Coach Roger and asked to go play on the playground. LMAO Typical kindergarten behavior.

I also got video of them practicing running bases. The first time around, they all did well. But, the second time, they cut second really short. It should be a fun season.

No comments: