Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Friday, February 1, 2008

Starting out

Well, everyone says that this blog thing is the way to go, especially when there are thoughts crowding your head. So, here's my deal...

I'm helping my five year old son do his bedtime routine and am dreading the thought of leaving for work in 2.5 hours. I really enjoy the extra time that 3rd shift allows me with my family, but I dread walking out into the cold, lol.

I guess maybe this sharing of my thoughts will get easier as the time goes on. Right now my time is occupied with getting to spend time with my soon-to-be stepchildren, dreading Brent's deployment and trying to get everything straightened out so his absence will go as smoothly as possible. I've never had to deal with this issue before, so it's a little overwhelming. I never thought that 5 days after my wedding I would have to say goodbye to my husband for over a year.

But, I knew the possibility going in. He supports my law enforcement career and I know he loves the career he chose as well. I guess I just hoped we could make it to his retirement without him leaving. Wishful thinking, I know.

No comments: