Christmas Hat Day

Christmas Hat Day
Mandatory good cheer on our annual shopping trip to buy for each other

Friday, July 25, 2008

Starting Over

My intent after the first long break in my blogging was to catch everyone up on what has gone on in our lives, such as the end of the school year, starting of summer lessons, and other such activities. Well, I've pretty much given up on that, what with school starting in less than a month. Or, FOREVER, as Dade says. He just can't wait until the school year starts (school clothes are purchased, as well as school supplies, with his bag packed and ready to go). July is never ending for him, and I must say, I really do agree.

For some reason this month has seemed to drag on in our house. Now, I know this is not the case for most. As is typical, most everyone I speak to has said that the summer has flown by. I guess when I look back, I do tend to agree. But, the days seem to drag on for me. I would love to be the bubbly, upbeat military spouse who puts on a good front for her husband, but that's just not me. Brent & I are too close for that. Not only would I feel incredibly guilty for lying to him, but he would see right through me. That's not to say things are terrible for me. Just really hard at times.

I work, sleep, spend as much time as I can with the kids, and consider it a victory to keep laundry clean and the kids and myself fed somewhat healthily. And, I guess, for a minimum, that's not too bad. Stress has gotten to me physically and I haven't been able to keep myself healthy, which is why the gloomy tone today, LOL. I really am happy and cheerful most of the time, I just miss Brent more than words can convey. It's hard to explain how the little things, like sitting on the couch, with his arm around my shoulders on a bad day, make me ache so. On the plus side, I don't think that I will ever take for granted the special relationship that we have. I look forward to the rest of our life together and I do realize that this is just a small bump in the road.

Another week and a half and we are headed to Six Flags and a Cubs game. Go Cubbies!!!! My family's enthusiasm for the Cubs has officially rubbed off on the kids and they seem to be as excited as I am to get to see them play.

Well, that's enough for today. I can't promise I'll get any better about the regular posts, only that I will try.

No comments: